AM Banquet Set up
Provide food and beverage service to maximize customer satisfaction by providing friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional service to all guests.
- Set up banquet and meeting space
- Maintaining cleanliness of work areas and back of house areas
- Lift and move boxes, packages, tables, chairs, and other banquet equipment safely
- Serve banquet functions
- Complete banquet room set up requirements in accordance to banquet event order efficiently
- Organize banquet storage area in order to maintain banquet equipment.
- Inspect all meeting rooms prior to guest arrival to ensure proper setup
- Maintain inventory of tables, chairs, linen, and other specialty equipment
- Retrieve appropriate items for set-ups
- Clear tables and buffets using trays and tray stands
- Wash dishes and other items needed for food preparation
- Remove trash from work areas and empty banquet trash receptacles
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers in a courteous manner at all times
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested (i.e. special guest requests)
- Must adhere to all Federal, State, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed
- Other duties as assigned by the Banquet Manager or Supervisor
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages, and liquor laws in serving underage people
- Working knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items
- Ability to fully follow supervisor’s directions
- Ability to read, speak and write English sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, communicate with guests in a professional manner, assist guests with special requests, and to take orders
Strong communication skills; including the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and guests.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Preferred: One to five years previous food and beverage serving experience.
Licenses or Certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Hilton DoubleTree and Tentac Standards.
Must be of legal serving age. Additional language ability preferred.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to carry trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift. Must be able to push and pull weight equaling 100 lbs.
- Manual dexterity of hands in order to manipulate serving spoons, trays, etc.
- Ability to perform duties with extreme temperature and noise ranges
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.