Job Title: Bartender
Company: Eastland Suites Urbana
Location: Urbana, IL
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Banquet Manager
Provide food and beverage service to maximize customer satisfaction by providing friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional service to all guests.
- Serve banquet functions
- Serve beverages to guests in the hotel
- Ensure the proper and adequate set-up of bars
- Stock beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
- Maintain stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables to ensure product quality
- Greet guests
- Mix, garnish, and present drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control
- Check guests for proper identification, manage methods of payment, and serve alcohol according to State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations
- Communicates with supervisors and co-workers in a courteous manner at all times
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested (i.e. special guest requests).
- Must adhere to all Federal, State, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Banquet Manager or Supervisor.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages, and liquor laws in serving underage people.
- Must know service of beverages.
- Working knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items.
- Ability to fully follow supervisor’s directions.
- Ability to read, speak and write English sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, communicate with guests in a professional manner, assist guests with special requests, and to take orders.
- Ability to remember and recite menu items.
- Communication: Strong communication skills; including the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and guests.
- Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School education preferred.
- Computer Skills: Point of Sale System.
- Experience: One to five years previous food and beverage serving experience preferred.
- Licenses or Certificates: Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Tentac Enterprises’ standards.
Must be of legal serving age. Additional language ability preferred.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to carry trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift. Must be able to push and pull weight equaling 100 lbs.
- Manual dexterity of hands in order to manipulate serving spoons, trays, etc.
- Ability to perform duties with extreme temperature and noise ranges
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.