Bartender – The Deep End Tap
Job Title: Bartender – The Deep End Tap
Company: Eastland Suites Bloomington
Department: Food & Beverage
Location: Bloomington, IL
Reports To: Event & Bar Services Manager
Provide food and beverage service to maximize customer satisfaction by providing friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional service to all guests.
- Provides a pleasant drinking and dining experience to customers
- Prepares and serves food and drinks while maintain a clean and sanitary bar area
- Attends to the detail and presentation of each order
- Prepare and maintains ingredients by following recipes and proper portion control
- Ensures the proper and adequate set-up of bars
- Stocks beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce based on brand standards
- Maintains stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables to ensure product quality
- Adheres to proper food and alcohol handling, sanitation, and safety procedures, and maintains appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all products
- Coordinates daily supply inventory for bar and submits orders to supervisor; assists with receipt of deliveries
- Contributes to daily, holiday, and theme drink menus in collaboration with supervisor
- Ensure smooth operation of bar services during absence of supervisor
- Assists with orienting new team members to their work area
- Listens to customer complaints and suggestions and resolves complaints
- Checks guests for proper identification, manages method of payment, and serves alcohol according to State, Federal and corporate liquor regulations
- Keeps team member and guest areas clean at all times
- Follows brand standard checklist
- Communicates with supervisors and co-workers in a courteous manner at all times
- Participates in and/or contributes to programs, committees, or projects designed to improve quality of service and team member productivity
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Reports all maintenance problems to supervisor and maintenance department
- Performs cleaning of the bar, stock room, lobby area and restrooms as needed to adhere to health standards
- Drives company catering van as needed
- Must adhere to all Federal, State, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to ensure all laws are being followed
- Performs other duties as required to provide genuine hotel hospitality to guests and other team members
- Ability to stay busy when scheduled and continually provides value added work
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Specific Job Knowledge and Ability:
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages, and liquor laws in serving underage people
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in ability to safely and effectively operate standard beverage service equipment
- Must know service of beverages
- Working knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items
- Ability to fully follow supervisor’s directions
- Ability to read, speak and write English sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, communicate with guests in a professional manner, assist guests with special requests, and to take orders
- Ability to remember and recite menu items
- Ability to keep a clean and tidy working space
- Customer service
- Oral communication
- Planning, problem solving, and teamwork
- High energy level
Strong communication skills; including the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and guests.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Point of Sale System
Preferred: One to three years previous bartending experience
Licenses or Certificates:
Food Handlers Certification and Basset Certification
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to carry or maneuver tables and chairs safely
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to carry trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift. Must be able to push and pull weight equaling 100 lbs.
- Manual dexterity of hands in order to manipulate serving spoons, trays, etc.
- Ability to perform duties with extreme temperature and noise ranges
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.