Commercial Cleaning Crew
Job Title: Commercial Cleaning Crew
Company: Go Green Cleaning Services
Location: Urbana, IL
Department: Commercial Cleaning
Reports To: Management
Commercial Cleaning Crew Members are responsible for the cleanliness of commercial office buildings including offices, hallways, restrooms and public areas.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, offices and other work areas so that health standards are met
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms and mops
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary
- Use general cleaning chemicals on a daily basis
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy
- Replenish supplies such waste basket liners, paper towels, and bathroom items
- Observe precautions required to protect office property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors
- Perform other general commercial cleaning duties as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of commercial cleaning procedures
- Ability to utilize all tools and supplies necessary including cleaning supplies and vacuum
- Ability to fully follow supervisor’s directions
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to work with integrity around confidential information e.g. Perform duties without looking at private documents or snooping in private storage areas
Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people and supervisors
Any combination of education and experience equivalent that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School education required.
One year of prior experience in the commercial cleaning function.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
Additional language ability preferred.
- Ability to bend, lift, and be standing or walking for an extended period of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 30 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to push and pull weight equaling 100 lbs
- Manual dexterity of hands in order to manipulate cleaning supplies
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Valid Drivers License and Ability to get to and from company locations
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.