Guest Services Agent
Job Title: Guest Services Agent – Hotel
Company: Eastland Suites Urbana
Location: Urbana, IL
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: General Manager
To increase customer satisfaction by providing efficient and courteous Front Desk service in accordance with the standards of the Hotel and Tentac Enterprises.
- Provide quality service to the customer by responding to their requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously during check-in, check-out and throughout stay
- Retain current clients and grow client base.
- Provide shuttle service to and from area locations.
- Clear tables and buffets using trays and tray stands
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers and clients in a courteous manner at all times
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Handles guest accounts and maintains cash drawer.
- Answers incoming phone calls, processes reservation/cancellation/modification requests, and transfers calls to appropriate departments.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Banquet Manager or Supervisor.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel.
- Ability to assist hotel guests in an effective manner.
- Ability to fully follow supervisor’s directions.
- Ability to remember and recite company promotions and information.
Strong communication skills; including the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and guests.
Preferred: High School and College Diploma
Preferred: Front desk experience or other experience in the hospitality field.
Licenses or Certificates:
Required: Valid Driver’s License
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Hotel and Tentac standards.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to carry items weighing up to 30 pounds with out assistance.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with the whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Ability to move about.
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.