Guest Services Agent-Night Audit
Job Title: Guest Services Agent-Night Audit
Company: Eastland Suites Bloomington
Location: Bloomington, IL
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Front Office Manager/General Manager
To increase customer satisfaction by providing efficient and courteous Front Desk service in accordance with the standards of Tentac Enterprises. Night Audit employees are required to work shifts from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Provide quality service to the customer by responding to their requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously during check-in, check-out and throughout stay
- Answer incoming phone calls, process reservation/cancellation/modification requests, and transfer calls to appropriate departments
- Answer hotel phone calls and notify guests of messages
- Handle guest accounts and maintain cash drawer
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers and clients in a courteous manner at all times
- Follow all specified procedures to audit the shift closing of all front office staff, including personally closing shift three and completing an audit summary for each shift
- Produce accurate and timely reports and correctly handle all cash transactions
- Follow all specified procedures to maintain and post a daily balance of all house accounts, including running preliminary reconciliations, detail transactions and final reports to accounting and profit centers
- Balance and audit for accuracy room revenue, food and beverage revenue, cashier’s reports, and guest and house accounts and telephone revenue; assisting the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues
- Transmit credit card batches
- Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents
- Act as hotel system liaison during night hours
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Assist in booking room reservations
- Perform all Guest Service Representative functions
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees
- Provide shuttle service to and from area locations
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel
- Ability to assist hotel guests in an effective manner
- Ability to fully follow supervisor’s directions
- Ability to remember and recite company promotions and information
Strong communication skills; including the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and guests.
Preferred: High School and College Diploma
Preferred: Front desk experience or other experience in the hospitality field.
Licenses or Certificates:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Tentac Enterprises’ standards.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to carry items weighing up to 30 pounds without assistance
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with the whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
- Ability to move about
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Must be able to work night time hours including 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.