PM Banquet Set Up
Provide food and beverage service to maximize customer satisfaction by providing friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional service to all guests.
- Set up banquet and meeting space
- Maintaining cleanliness of work areas and back of house areas
- Safely lift and move boxes, packages, tables, chairs and other banquet equipment
- Serve banquet functions
- Complete banquet room set up requirements in accordance to banquet event order efficiently
- Organize banquet storage area in order to maintain banquet equipment.
- Inspect all meeting rooms prior to guest arrival to ensure proper setup
- Maintain inventory of tables, chairs, linen, and other specialty equipment
- Retrieve appropriate items for set-ups
- Clear tables and buffets using trays and tray stands
- Wash dishes and other items needed for food preparation
- Remove trash from work areas and empty banquet trash receptacles
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers in a courteous manner at all times
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested (i.e. special guest requests)
- Must adhere to all Federal, State, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed
- Other duties as assigned by the Banquet Manager or Supervisor
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages, and liquor laws in serving underage people
- Working knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items
- Ability to fully follow supervisor’s directions
- Ability to read, speak and write English sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, communicate with guests in a professional manner, assist guests with special requests, and to take orders
Strong communication skills; including the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and guests.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School education required.
One to five years previous food and beverage serving experience.
Licenses or Certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Hilton DoubleTree and Tentac Standards.
Must be of legal serving age. Additional language ability preferred.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to carry trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.Must be able to push and pull weight equaling 100 lbs.
- Manual dexterity of hands in order to manipulate serving spoons, trays, etc.
- Ability to perform duties with extreme temperature and noise ranges
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.