Job Title: Housekeeping Room Attendants
Location: Urbana, IL
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Housekeeping attendants are responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, hallways, and public areas in the hotel. In addition, are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel and providing customers with quality service in a timely and friendly manner.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas so that health standards are met
- Service guest rooms daily in accordance with hotel procedures, stock cart with room supplies, and replace bed linens and replenish guest room supplies
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts
- Perform general laundry duties
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong knowledge of hotel cleaning procedures
- Ability to utilize all tools and supplies necessary including cleaning supplies and vaccuum
- Ability to fully follow supervisor’s directions
- Ability to read, speak and write English sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, communicate with guests in a professional manner, assist guests with special requests, and to take orders
Strong communication skills; including the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and guests.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School education required.
One year of prior experience in the housekeeping function.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
Additional language ability preferred.
- Ability to bend, lift, and be standing or walking for an extended period of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 30 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to push and pull weight equaling 100 lbs
- Manual dexterity of hands in order to manipulate cleaning supplies
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.